About a year ago, I realized that there were a few things that I needed to do around the house to make my place feel more like a home. For starters, I knew that I needed to replace the carpet, since it was damaged from years of use. Unfortunately, I knew that I didn't have the skills to take care of things on my own, so I turned to a team of professional contractors. They were incredible to work with, and even taught me how to create a great construction environment for my team. After the project was done, I knew that I wanted to make a blog about creating a positive construction environment.
A decade ago, metal roofs were seen primarily on commercial properties like warehouses or industrial storage buildings. However, metal roofing has come a long way in the last few years. Today, this type of roofing has been adapted for use on residences and is durable, water-proof, fire-resistant and attractive. If you haven't considered a metal roof for your home, this type of roofing material is worth a closer look.
Benefits of adding a metal roof on your home
1. Metal roofs are durable. One of the chief benefits to metal roofing is its durability. The typical metal roof can last for 40 years or more. That compares to an average of 23 years for an asphalt shingle roof.
2. Metal roofs are fire-resistant. Metal roofs are naturally fire-resistant, unlike wooden shingle roofs or asphalt shingle roofs. This can not only help minimize the damage to your home in the event of a fire, but can give your family precious extra time to evacuate the building. Because a metal roof helps to contain fire damage, many insurance companies offer discounts to homeowners with this type of roof.
3. Metal roofs are bug and water-resistant. In addition to being fire-resistant, metal roofing won't absorb water and warp like wooden shingles can. Rain water and melting snow run right off of a metal roof. Additionally, this type of roofing is not attractive to insects like termites or ants.
4. A metal roof will add to the beauty and curb appeal of your home. Metal roofing adds a crisp, finished look to any home and adapts well to most any architectural style, from rustic to modern. The look of metal roofing will also boost your property's curb appeal, making it more attractive to guests and more enticing to home buyers when it comes time to put your home on the market.
5. Metal roofing is more energy-efficient than many other types of roofing. Metal roofing reflects the sun's rays, rather than absorbing them as asphalt shingles do. This means that the top of your home stays cooler and your cooling system has to work less, which not only saves energy, but saves on your energy bills.
While a metal roof may not be the right choice for every homeowner, this type of roofing is attractive, durable and waterproof. If you're in the market for a new roof, it makes sense to take a look at metal roofing materials. Speak with roofing experts like Patriot Construction for more information.Share
14 January 2015